Why Not PostCards?
1. We do not have an awareness problem.
PostCards are an almost magical medium for solving an awareness problem. Like not remembering to vote - or even being aware of - a midterm.
Even living under a rock will not have kept you unaware of the Nov 3 election
2. We have a fear & confusion problem.
Will my mail-in ballot be counted? Will Russia/China/North Korea hack my vote? Will voting in person kill me?
A PostCard saying "VOTE!" is not going to help someone answer the screaming question, "HOW?".
3. PostCards can clog the beleaguered US Mail
Trump's minions are determined to destroy the US Mail.
But the solution to a problem involving the destruction of the Post Office is not mailing about it.
Millions of PostCards can only
clog the works and play into their oppressive hands.
And delay ballots.
4. One PostCard cannot answer all questions.
Every state does mail-in and Early Voting differently.
Each PostCard would require custom instructions.
And a lot more space.
Even explaining: "You must make a plan" would require more space. And clog the mails.
And it could all change after the PostCard arrives, if it arrives. Adding to confusion, not clarity,
4. The most important reaching out you can do is making sure everyone you know has a Voting Plan